Monday, July 27, 2009

She's a Lil' Bit Sassy

From time to time I may feature an Etsypreneur who does not fall into the "mom" category, but I feel her shop items and her Etsy-experience might be relevant to you EtsyMamaPreneurs. This is one of those weeks. Rhonda is a blessed aunt with several nieces & nephews who inspire her creations in her shop Lil Bit Sassy, where she specializes in hand-made mom & baby items. Welcome to Rhonda's interview, where she shares her Etsy insights on time management, organization, and more.


Describe your Etsy shop:
My Etsy shop is called Lil Bit Sassy. I sell a variety of items such as purses, household items, and children's items such as animal blankies, appliqued onesies, and toys. I am always trying out new things, so my items tend to vary in my shops. I try to keep my inventory fresh and new rather than stocking the same items. I also enjoy doing custom orders. I find they get my creative juices flowing.

Whoa, here she comes! Custom Baby Outfit

What inspired you to start your Etsy shop and how long have you been running it?

I love to sew! I am the only crafter in my family and I usually give handmade gifts for b-days and Christmas. When people would see some of the items I made, they would tell me that I should start selling them. So, I decided to try selling online at Etsy. I opened my shop in 2006. I also recently opened shops at: Winkelf, Blujay, Artfire


Of which item currently for sale in your Etsy shop are you most proud and why?
My animal blankies! The first one I made was from a monkey pattern I had purchased from another etsy seller. From there, I decided to make other animals, so I made a cat, lamb, robot, frog, and teddy bear. I also plan to make more animals.

I would like to focus more on baby/children's items at this time. I have no children of my own, however; I do have plenty of great nieces and nephews and I enjoy making things for them. They also love that they get handmade items from me, which makes me feel so great. I suppose I also have a "cutesy" gene that makes me love cute things, and how much cuter can you get than making things for babies and children?

I also have a blog that I try to keep updated with new projects/items I am working on. Currently, I am having my first giveaway. A lucky winner will receive one of my cat blankies. http://www.LilBitSassy.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Great designs! I'm following you from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!!! I can attest to Rhonda's wonderful handmade items. Being a friend of hers for many years I have gotten many handmade things from her. I display them all proudly.

    ReplyDelete