Sunday, July 19, 2009

Introducing Mrs.EagerHands Herself

Lora & Baby Joseph

I am thrilled to introduce our EtsyMomPreneur of the week, Lora of Eager Hands. I lovelovelove the verse Lora has at the top of her blog, "She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands," Proverbs 31:33. As a busy mom of four & dealer of vintage fabrics, Lora gives us a glimpse into living life as a modern day Proverbs 31 woman.


How many children do you have and what are their ages? I have four amazing kiddos: Benjamin, 5, Leo, 3 1/2, Ruth, 2, and Joseph, 8 months. I am a blessed mommy!

Vintage Fabric Stack -- Happy Retro

Please describe your Etsy shop:
My Etsy shop, eagerhands, offers mostly vintage fabrics, including all kinds yardage, fat quarter stacks, pillowcase sets, quilts, curtains, table linens, aprons, etc. I also offer some handmade by me items as well, such as baby quilts, bags, and jewelry.


What inspired you to start your Etsy shop and how long have you been running it? I opened my Etsy shop in December of 2005 a few months after I had my second child. (Wow, I can't believe it's been that long!) When I first joined Etsy, I wanted to have an outlet to sell the items that I was making--mostly crocheted items and jewelry in the beginning. Etsy was the perfect place to do that!

When I relaunched the shop a few months ago with my new vintage sections, I was looking for an opportunity to combine my love for vintage fabrics and my love for crafting.
That's when things really got busy! It has been an awesome opportunity for me and has allowed me to make some wonderful friendships with customers from all over the world. I am also so thankful to be able to help out my family financially. It is a blessing all the way around!

One of a Kind Seventies Vintage Hand-Tied Quilt


Of which item currently for sale in your Etsy shop are you most proud and why? It's hard to pick just one item! I get a huge smile on my face every time I discover a "treasure". I love the idea of finding beauty in the cast aside and forgotten. It's so redemptive and goes along hand in hand with my faith in God. Probably my favorite thing in my shop right now is an amazing vintage quilt that I found at an estate sale tucked away in a cedar chest. It is truly incredible and one of a kind! I LOVE all the great vintage fabrics. And I love imagining the woman who made it sewing away late at night when her kiddos were in bed asleep. :)

*********
Thanks so much, Lora! This first part of your interview brought true joy to my heart!
*******
Everyday Button Bag featuring vintage fabric and buttons - Sweet Girl
**********
Keep checking back, everyone, as I will post more from Lora over the coming week. In our next installment she will share her insights into the ultimate ventures in multitasking--Etsying & Mothering. Not to mention you will get to see pictures of her three other adorably scrumptious little ones! They are just too cute!
***********

No comments:

Post a Comment