Friday, July 31, 2009

How NOT to Become a Workaholic

Anyone who works from home knows it is always a challenge to walk away from your work & maintain some semblance of "a life." Today Rhonda of Etsy's LilBitSassy shares about her life beyond Etsy.


Do you take time away for yourself?
Yes I do. To me, family does come first (even if that's just me and my other half). I tend not to plan to work on weekends (although more often than not, I do) because it's time I choose to spend with Mike. If we have no plans, then I will work, but if we do, then I don't feel guilty about not working. I also take a yearly vacation for two weeks to go down south to see my family. It's usually right when I deserve a much needed break.

Do you take care of yourself?
I do. I have realized that the one thing you HAVE to do for yourself is to listen to your body. If your body is running down and you're tired, try to rest for about an hour. I usually feel this way in the afternoons, so I will stop what I'm doing and go rest. Even if I just watch TV or read for about an hour, it helps. I have found that I cannot work when I'm tired. You will thank yourself if you just listen to your body's needs.


What other Etsy Mom's shop would you like to see featured on this blog?
I would love for you to do an interview with Bit Of Whimsy. She makes the cutest dolls and also sells her patterns. She's a true EtsyMomPreneur!

What closing Etsy Success advice can you leave us with?
Be patient. Sometimes it takes a bit before buyers will find you. Once they do, and realize you offer a quality product with friendly and courteous service, they will come back and will also recommend you to others. I've found that a little patience and a courteous, respectful manner goes a long way in your success.


Rhonda also runs a blog for her new projects/items. Currently, she is having her first giveaway. A lucky winner will receive one of her cat blankies.
************
Give us a follow! We have have more interviews with delightful Etsy moms in store! Next week: BornAgainPurses!

No comments:

Post a Comment