Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fun + Perspective

It has been such a joy working with Corrie. I sincerely hope you will give her darling shop a little visit, after you finish checking out her interview, of course. Without any further ado, I present to you Corrie's perspective on balancing life as an Etsy girl, a mommy, and a wife:


Do you take time away for yourself? If so, what do you do (other than Etsy!)?
Yes, for sure. Let's see...a good (Etsy-free) day? Going on a date with John Jay, a nice long walk, hanging out by the pool, a good meal with friends - don't forget dessert...and I'm a pretty happy girl.

Do you take care of yourself? Do you get enough sleep?
Usually. But my love of early morning gets the best of me when we've had too many late nights.


If money were no object, what three things would be at the top of your Etsy wish list?
I rarely let myself "shop" on Etsy - I'd be in trouble!
But these are lovely...
This necklace, Glasses from this shop & an original piece from this shop.

What other Etsy Mom's shop would you like to see featured on this blog?
Mary's Granddaughter!

Judah...proving that a love for funky glasses is a genetic thing!

What closing Etsy Success advice can you leave us with?
I occasionally freak out at the thought of having more kids or introducing a new craft/hobby and keeping up with it all...but I remember that when I started the shop last year I told myself I would do it as long as it's fun. Should it become "un-fun" in any way, I'll move on and let it go. I also try to remember that Judah's growing faster than I can keep up with. I don't want to miss it because I was too busy sewing. I can do that when I'm old!
So...
Fun + Perspective = A Happy Etsy Shop!

***
Thank you so much, Corrie, for taking the time to answer my many questions and sharing from your heart about your life as a true EtsyMomPreneur. Your passion is energizing & your perspective inspiring.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Maranatha! This has been such a treat for me.

    And those cat eye glasses are hilarious! I would probably go for something a bit more librarian, a little less mardi gras though! :)

    Happy day to all!

    ReplyDelete